I have read the former posting on how to make a ghillie suit and from a marine stand point its perfect. The only thing i can say is here in michigan finding burlap is a little difficult. The only form i could find it in was a hunting blind skirt. You can find these at walmart or your local hunting store. I myself find that using the bdu's is good but in winter there is not enough room for cold weather clothing. Therefore i used a cheap carhart coat and a non-insulated pair of bibs. I have found the bibs help with the weight. Anyway back on subject you can cut the blind skirt into strips and fray them out or you can take the more time consuming route as i did and cut 3'x 3' squares and seperate every strand. There is no dyeing needed as these tree stand skirts are already camo. My first one i glued the burlap on with hot glue it worked but if you want it to last you must use a stronger adhesive. warning if you are a bow hunter DO NOT PUT ANYTHING ON THE ARMS THE BOWSTRING WILL GRAB IT AND YOU WILL MISS THE BUCK LIKE I DID. If you have any questions or more detailed instructions give me a shout.

one shot one kill
M.B. U.S.M.C.